Women to Women Giving Circle Grants
Illinois Prairie Community FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $3,000 - US $10,000
Deadline: Oct 31, 2019 3:00pm PDT
Applicant type: Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in Illinois: De Witt County, Livingston County, Logan County, McLean County
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
For 2020, the Women to Women Giving Circle’s grant focus is programs that develop the potential of all girls in our community from birth to third grade and their support networks (families, teachers, caregivers).
The total amount available to grant to ALL programs is $35,000; historically, multiple grants are awarded and range from $3,000-$10,000.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Grant Eligibility
- Program must address the grant focus; funding may support a new or existing program
- Applicant must collaborate with at least one other organization for a common program; applicant will act as the lead organization for program
- Applicants must have tax-exempt status under Section 501 (c) 3 of the Internal Revenue Code, operate under a fiscal agent that is a 501 (c) 3 organization, or be a local unit of local, county, state or federal government. Faith-based organizations may apply for funding provided the program is non-sectarian and available to the community at large. Two or more nonprofit organizations must collaborate and apply together for a common program.
- Program must be available to residents of McLean, DeWitt, Livingston or Logan counties; however, programs do not have to serve all four counties
- Applicants are required to use a budget document developed by the Women to Women Grants Committee; form can be downloaded at https://ilprairiecf.org/resources-2; Word and Excel files are available under both the Grants and Women to Women tabs
- Program must be operated and organized in such a manner that no applicable antidiscrimination laws are violated
- Organizations that have received past Women to Women or Illinois Prairie Community Foundation grants must be current on Final Reports Executive Director, CEO or President of the Board of lead organization applying must approve the application
- Criteria Given Greatest Consideration
- Has potential to be on-going and self-sufficient beyond the time of funding
- Promotes systemic change, increases range of options for girls and women, and fosters self-sufficiency
- Is an existing program that is results-driven or is a new program that offers creative and innovative solutions to address the focus issue by building on proven practical methods
- Facilitates cooperation and collaboration among organizations so as to avoid duplication of service
- Utilizes clear methods of measuring and reporting results
- Has the potential for obtaining matching funds or additional grant money (a bonus, but not an expectation)
- What Is Not Funded:
- Non program-related expenses
- Applicants from a single organization (applicants must collaborate with at least one other organization for a common program)
- Endowment campaigns
- Annual fund raising events and expenses
- Conference expenses
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Women to Women Giving Circle Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.