Worthington Family Foundation Grant Program
Worthington Family FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $215,000
Deadline: May 15, 2020 8:59pm PDT
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: Michigan
Location of residency: MichiganView website Save
About this funder:
The Worthington Family Foundation was created to honor the memory of Betty Miesel O'Leary with the intention of supporting mental and character development of people of all ages.
The Worthington Family Foundation is a small family foundation created to distribute funds annually to nonprofit institutions, with special emphasis on character building institutions, the performing arts, and organizations that promote physical and mental development of children. Grants are distributed on an annual basis.
Distributions can be used for the continuance and development of programs, extend assistance in the coordination of the work of the institution; and to aid in the planning and development of a general social welfare program which shall best fulfill the health, welfare, character building, and recreational needs of the institution.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicant’s organizations must meet the following criteria:
- Non-profit organizations with proof of 501(c)(3) tax exempt status
- Strong board involvement and competent leadership
- A proven track record of relationships fostered with other organizations, the community, etc.
- Our grants support:
- Programs supporting children through young adults.
- Performing and Visual Arts endeavors or organizations and/or Programs that demonstrate environmental stewardship.
- Programs which are based in the United States (mandatory). Funds must be spent in the United States.
- Special consideration is given to underwriting those programs that emphasize children, the arts and/or include a "green" component.
- We favor institutions that have a strong "green" inclination.
- We do not make grants to/for:
- Financial investment purposes
- Carrying on propaganda or otherwise attempting to influence legislation
- Intervention in any political campaign on behalf of or in opposition to any candidate for political office.
- Administrative costs such as administrative salaries or regular building maintenance or office supplies.
- We will pay salaries for instructors on an individually approved basis.
- To see if your instructior(s) would be considered, please contact us.
- Purchase of buildings or land for new buildings, building new buildings, new accessory dwellings, or updates to existing buildings.
- To see if your project would be considered as a special exemption, please contact us.
- Personal gain.
- We will fund reasonable marketing expenses. We will NOT fund operating expenses.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Worthington Family Foundation Grant Program by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.