James H. McLean Student Grant in Collections-Based Research
Western Society of MalacologistsSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $1,000
Anticipated deadline: Mar 1, 2020
Applicant type: Undergraduate Student Graduate Student High School Student
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: North America
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
The Western Society of Malacologists (WSM) was established in 1968 as a society for the furtherance of research in Malacology. The membership consists of professionals, amateurs, and students. The WSM holds one annual meeting each year.
The WSM is proud to offer a financial stipend for students to study fossil or recent malacological collections to further their research. This award honors James H. McLean, Curator of Malacology at the Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County from 1964-2001 and Emeritus Curator until 2013.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
Graduate, undergraduate, and exceptional high school students may apply.
The student applicant’s research project must be collections-based and focus on extant or fossil western North American mollusks (freshwater, terrestrial, or marine).
- Visits to any University-based or Natural History Museum collection (domestic or international) are eligible.
- Student applicants are responsible for confirming their project's feasibility and arranging visit logistics with the University or Museum's collections manager and/or curator.
- Students may apply to visit more than one museum and collection in their proposal.
- The award should be used to support travel and
accommodation costs incurred by visiting one or more collections.
- Collection visits of
two or more days are encouraged.
- Those proposing to visit collections within daily commuting distance of their residence, university, or high school are ineligible for funding.
- Visits to private collections are ineligible.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the James H. McLean Student Grant in Collections-Based Research by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.