WV Forest Legacy Grant Program
West Virginia Division of ForestrySuggest an update
Deadline: Feb 1, 2021
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Fields of work: Forestry Land/Habitat Conservation
Applicant type: Organizations
Funding uses: Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in West Virginia: Berkeley County, Fayette County, Grant County, Greenbrier County, Hampshire County, Hardy County, Mercer County, Mineral County, Monongalia County, Monroe County, Morgan County, Nicholas County, Pendleton County, Pocahontas County, Preston County, Raleigh County, Randolph County, Summers County, Tucker County, Webster County Show all
Location of residency: West VirginiaView website Save
Conserve Working Forests
The Forest Legacy Program conserves environmentally important forest areas threatened by conversion to non-forest areas.
These specific areas, located within Forest Legacy Areas, are conserved by being purchased as a conservation easement from willing sellers at fair market price as established by a standardized appraisal. A conservation easement is a legal agreement (deed) through which a property owner sells or donates his rights to development or other activities on his land. He retains all of the rights not sold. Consequently, the land will continue as a working forest producing products. The Forest Legacy Program is a 75:25 matching program between the government and private sources. The West Virginia Division of Forestry will hold the deed to conservation easements in the West Virginia Program.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The property must be located in one of the four WVDOF Forest Legacy Program (FLP) areas.
- The property must be in danger of conversion to non-forest uses.
- The title needs to be free from defect.
- Deeds of Trust are acceptable, provided that they can be subordinated to the conservation easement.
- The WVDOF can use federal funds to pay up to 75% of the cost of the easement's fair market value.
- Twenty five percent (25%) of the easement value is to be donated by the landowner.
Want to discover new grants?
See how we help our customers save time and find new funding by trying out Instrumentl for 14-days free or learn more.
“This is the best foundation match & grant tracking tool I've used in my many years of fundraising.”