WV Nonpoint Source Program: Additional Grant Opportunities (AGO)
West Virginia Department of Environmental ProtectionSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $2,000 - US $20,000
Applicant type: Government Entity Nonprofit College / University Indigenous Group
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Research, Project / Program
Location of project: West Virginia
Location of residency: West VirginiaView website Save
About this funder:
Note: If AGO funds are available, select organizations are notified. If your organization would like to be notified about possibile AGO funds send an E-mail request to the NPS Coordinator.
Additional Grant Opportunities (AGOs) can focus on nonpoint issues in water bodies that may not be impaired or provide monies for special projects not typically funded through watershed project grants.
Typically AGOs are annouced at various date(s) and are dependant upon a variety of factors within a given fiscal year. Once the announcement is made the NPS Program will accept proposals through the LOI portal.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- AGO grant requirements:
- The applicant requesting AGO funds must support the project with a 40% match of the total project cost.
- The proposal includes appropriate and effective measures of success.
- The project recruits and facilitates partnerships, support and involvement from governmental entities, educational institutions, business and citizens groups.
- The project is cost effective.
- The project activities can be achieved within an identified and reasonable time period.
- Note: AGO funds are only available for a limited time, usually less than two-years from the time your proposal has been approved.
- Criteria used to screen LOIs include:
- Project is nonpoint pollution related.
- Project fits the mission of the NPS Program, and will benefit the watershed and/or public.
- The project is an activity that probably could not qualify for a watershed project proposal.
- The organization is viable with the capability to successfully complete the project.
- The budget and total funding request is reasonable.
- The organization has proven it is capable of completing a project and can manage grant funds responsibly.
- Monitoring, education, planning and administration costs should not exceed 20% of the total watershed project grant.
- These costs must be specific to the watershed project grant and not part of the overall operational expenses for the organization.
- Under certain circumstandes the expenditure ceiling for monitoring and education may be greater than the allowance described here if the additional costs can be justified.
- They should be explained in the approved workplan.
- Administrative cost shall not exceed 10% of the total request
- NPS Program funds will not cover the costs of food.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the WV Nonpoint Source Program: Additional Grant Opportunities (AGO) by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.