Markow Scholarship/Small Grant
Wyoming Native Plant Society
Grant amount: Up to US $1,000
Anticipated deadline: Feb 15, 2019
Applicant type: Graduate Student
Funding uses: Research
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: Wyoming
Location of residency: WyomingView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Wyoming Native Plant Society was established in 1981 for the purpose of encouraging appreciation and knowledge of the native flora of Wyoming. Towards this end, the Society has promoted research on native plants and habitats in Wyoming through its annual scholarship program.
The Wyoming Native Plant Society promotes appreciation, understanding and conservation of native plants and plant communities through its annual scholarship/small grants program. For scholarships, thesis research may address any aspect of botany including floristics, taxonomy, ecology, genetics, plant geography, range science, paleontology, pollination biology, physiology, and mycology. For small grants, projects such as botany curriculum development, public native plant gardens, and other forms of outreach will be considered.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- This competition is open to all grad students who conduct research in Wyoming, residents of Wyoming or members of WYNPS.
- Proposals must pertain to native plants of Wyoming.
- Awards defray direct project costs, excluding labor or conferences. Eligible expenses include:
- Direct costs of travel, meals, and lodging for research or education projects.
- Supply and service expenses used for the sole purpose of the project (e.g., consumable
supplies such as laboratory chemicals, soil and nursery stock, and services such as phone
and computer time).
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member.
- Preference will be given to proposals expected to generate research data or promote public understanding.
- Priority will be given to projects conducted at least in part in Wyoming.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Markow Scholarship/Small Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.