Y.O.U.T.H. Youth Opportunities Unlimited Throughout Hillsdale - Minigrants
Hillsdale County Community Foundation
Grant amount: Up to US $500
Next deadline: Sep 1, 2018
Later deadlines: Oct 1, 2018, Dec 1, 2018, Jan 1, 2019, Feb 1, 2019, Mar 1, 2019, May 1, 2019
Applicant type: Government Entity College / University Nonprofit Elementary / Secondary School
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Hillsdale County, Michigan
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Youth Opportunities Unlimited Throughout Hillsdale
They make a difference in our community. They have a voice in the needs of the community. They are creative in planning projects to support awareness, community service, volunteerism and fund development. They are the YOUTH of the Hillsdale County Community Foundation.
These young adults are responsible for making many difficult and mature decisions. They are members of the Youth Advisory Council who manage grant requests for the W.K. Kellogg Youth Advisory Fund, a permanently endowed fund administered by the Foundation for projects designed and implemented by youth, for youth.
Their mission is to meet the needs of young people in Hillsdale County by enhancing the awareness of youth opportunities, offering information and resources through cooperative leadership, while providing financial support for projects to improve the youth communities of Hillsdale County. They continue to make a difference by making responsible decisions with their grant making; awarding money for projects and programs targeted to solve youth issues in a creative and positive manner
Youth Mini Grant Program
YOUTH will set aside a portion of its grant money each year for Mini Grants. The purpose of the YOUTH Mini Grant program is:
- To promote creativity and innovation
- To develop youth leadership and responsibility
- To encourage community service involvement
- To promote awareness of YOUTH and the Hillsdale County Community Foundation and how the group serves Hillsdale County
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Guidelines for YOUTH Mini Grants are as follows:
- For projects developed by youth ages 5‐19 (grades K‐12).
- Project ideas must be developed by the youth of the applying organization.
- A special Mini‐Grant Application must be filled out by youth with minimal adult assistance (exceptions may be made for kindergarten and first grade age children).
- The applying organization shall be tax exempt according to Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, an educational institution, or a governmental unit.
- The submitted project or program must benefit youth.
- Grant requests for school trips must follow the guidelines for school trip requests
- Project must be approved by the Superintendent (for school requests), other organizations must have approval from the President or Executive Director.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Y.O.U.T.H. Youth Opportunities Unlimited Throughout Hillsdale - Minigrants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.