Young Philanthropist Grants
New Canaan Community FoundationSuggest an update
Anticipated deadline: Oct 3, 2020 8:59pm PDT (Letter of inquiry)
Grant amount: US $1,000 - US $2,500
Fields of work: Education Human & Social Services Homelessness Services
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program, Capital Project
Location of project: Fairfield County, Connecticut
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save
About this funder:
Youth Philanthropist Program
Each year as part of our Young Philanthropists Program curriculum, participating high school students learn about the role of nonprofit organizations in our community, and decide together what their funding focus will be for their grant making. We teach these students how to have the greatest impact with their funding decisions.
New Canaan Community Foundation’s Young Philanthropists will focus their 2017 grant making on the areas of Education and Human Services for low income individuals.
Efforts both in New Canaan and in surrounding areas are eligible for support. Applicants should describe the collaboration between their organization and other nonprofits and the collective impact of their program on their clients.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- YP grants are made only to organizations that have received IRS tax-exempt status.
- Young Philanthropists Program grants will be awarded to nonprofit organizations to support projects or programs that provide services in education or human services.
- Grants may support either capital projects designed to have a significant and lasting impact or operating support for program expenses.
- Programs preventing or addressing homelessness are of special interest to the grantmakers.
- Programs demonstrating the greatest impact from the YP grant dollar investment will receive higher priority in funding decision-making.
- No grant requests will be considered for endowments or for expenses already incurred.
Want to discover new grants?
See how we help our customers save time and find new funding by trying out Instrumentl for 14-days free or learn more.
“This is the best foundation match & grant tracking tool I've used in my many years of fundraising.”