Youth Engaged in Philanthropy (YEP) Grants
Humboldt Area Foundation
Grant amount: Up to US $1,000
Anticipated deadline: Mar 1, 2019 5:00pm PST
Applicant type: Indigenous Group Government Entity Nonprofit Public College / University Public Elementary / Secondary School
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Humboldt County, California
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Humboldt Area Foundation is the community foundation of and for the citizens of the Humboldt, Trinity and Wild Rivers regions. We promote and encourage generosity, leadership and inclusion to strengthen our communities. We're committed to the following five strategic goals to accomplish by 2020:
- Transforming Our Communities' Abilities to Solve Problems and Address Root Causes
- Strengthening Community Capacity
- Building and Leveraging Funds and Partnerships
- Strengthening Internal Infrastructure
- Sustainable Strategy and Accountability
Youth Engaged in Philanthropy
Youth Engaged in Philanthropy, YEP, are a group of students from Fortuna Union High School and Academy of the Redwoods who are interested in bringing positive change to our community through the power of grantmaking. We completed a needs assessment of our peers and community members and we are seeking to fund projects which will address either of the following:
- We need a place to feel safe. Projects that we are interested in funding include but are not limited to sports, or arts.
- We need resources for homeless youth that are under 21 years of age. This includes personal needs such as clothing, food, or advocacy.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Grant proposals should be submitted by:
- A nonprofit organization with tax exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code,
- A public benefit organizations (public schools, government agencies, Indian Tribal Governments, or
- A community group with a qualified fiscal sponsor who meets 1 or 2 above.
- Grants are awarded to support community projects in the Eel River Valley.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Youth Engaged in Philanthropy (YEP) Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.