YPASM Polar Research Grants
Sultan Mizan Antarctic Research FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to RM150,000
Anticipated deadline: Mar 31, 2020
Applicant type: Faculty Working Professional Postdoctoral Researcher
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: Antarctica, Malaysia
Location of residency: Malaysia
Degree requirements: Applicants must have a completed PhDView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Research Priority Areas
Yayasan Penyelidikan Antartika Sultan Mizan Research Grant is established to:
- Promote and support scientific research in polar regions;
- Foster research activities that create broader beneficial impacts to the YPASM, nation and mankind;
- Nurture and develop local expertise and human capital in polar research; and
- Promote good governance of Polar Regions.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- All science and policy research related to the Polar Regions in the field of biology,
ecology, geology, oceanography, glaciology and atmospheric science.
- Projects must be related to scientific research h in polar regions;
- Applicant must possess a PhD in any field of science & technology;
- Applicant must have at least 3 years experience in related field/programme/research project; and
- Application is open to Malaysian researchers from universities participating in YPASM Smart Partnership Initiative (UM, UiTM, USM, UMS, UKM and IMU).
- Scope of Expediture
- The research grant can be utilized for the following categories:
- Only wages and allowances for temporary and contract personnel who are directly engaged in the project is allowed. Up to two (2) temporary or contract personnel will be funded for each project.
- The maximum wages/allowances for temporary or contract personnel are up to RM 1,500.00 per month/per head.
- Travel and Transportation: Includes travel and transportation expenses for domestic and overseas trip directly related to the project. Overseas trips must meet the following criteria;
- Only oral presentation at conferences or seminars on the findings of the project;
- When domestic facilities and expertise are inadequate to conduct a portion of the research. However, the venue must be suitable in terms of facilities, expertise and technology transfer;
- The project leader or collaborator or team member is only allowed to go once for the duration of the project; Travel is limited economy class using the shortest direct routes be either MAS or Air Asia except under extenuating circumstances;
- The project leader or collaborator needs to send an application for approval to YPASM before attending the conference together with a copy of the abstract/paper that is going to be presented
- The allocation for travelling overseas must be budgeted for in the research proposal and must get prior approval from YPASM.
- Travel and transportation allocation for overseas trips will be funded up to a maximum of 15% of the total expenses of the project or RM 20,000.00 whichever is less.
- Only rental for special equipment not available in the institutions involved in the project and any other items directly related to the project can be included.
- Special Services
- Funding will be approved for only services directly related to the project such as:
- Consultancy – agreement/letter of intent must be submitted together with the project proposal;
- Payment for enumerators;
- Sample testing and analysis;
- Data processing;
- Paper publications related to the project;
- Registration fees for conference; and
- Engagement of foreign expert(s) will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Projects are encouraged to involve a minimum of two (2) local or international
institutions, clearly stating the respective scope of work of each collaborator.
- The grant cannot be used for:
- Capital purchases (equipment, facilities, etc).
- However, if specialized equipment is required for the success of the project, justification for its purchase must be given.
- Purchase of capital assets such as building, vehicles and furniture;
- Purchase of personal computer, laptop, printer, scanners;
- Purchase of books, stationeries and subscription to journals etc.
- Salary or allowances of any personnel.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the YPASM Polar Research Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.