How can Instrumentl help me?
Instrumentl is your automated grant assistant that saves you time and broadens your funding sources with an intuitive online platform. Once you set up your projects, we do the legwork to match them with the most relevant public and private grants.
All of the grants we match you with are active and open funding opportunities. Since Instrumentl pulls from corporate, private, federal, and even state funding sources, you don't have to search anywhere else. Also, since we bring in new funding opportunities daily, you’ll always have the latest information at your fingertips.
Instrumentl has a built in tracking tool called the Grant Tracker so you can save your favorite grants and track them over multiple years, receive deadline reminders, view your history with a grant or funder, store notes & documents, set up tasks and task reminders, and see your progress with grants from a bird’s eye view.
Who uses Instrumentl?
Nonprofits, universities, and professional grant writers, of all sizes and budgets, use Instrumentl to efficiently discover & track their grants process.
If you’re unsure if your organization fit the mold, tell us about what you’re working on and we’ll get back to you asap.
What sets Instrumentl apart?
- Comprehensive — Instrumentl is the most comprehensive source of active grants for grant seekers. We pull together corporate, private, federal, and state funding opportunities—we’re your one-stop-shop for grants.
- A focus on relevancy — We use 21st Century technology to instantly match your projects to the most relevant funding opportunities. Instrumentl vets the opportunities so you don’t have to.
- Active opportunities — Instrumentl isn't just a static list of funders that you have to weed through. We focus on active funding opportunities that you can apply for today.
- Up-to-date grant information — We pull all the important eligibility criteria information from a funder's website and 990s and consolidate it on one easy-to-read page (see example). We track funder websites 24/7 and notify you when there is a material change, for example a change of deadline or giving preferences.
- Tracking — Instrumentl has an embedded tracking tool we call the "Grant Tracker." Your Grant Tracker allows you to save your favorite grants and track them over multiple years, receive deadline reminders, view your history with a grant or funder, store notes & documents, set up tasks and task reminders, and see your progress with grants from a bird’s eye view.
What kinds of grants do you have?
Instrumentl is the most comprehensive, up-to-date source of active grants for nonprofits in any field. We match our grant-seekers with over $1 billion in active grants from:
- Corporate funders
- Federal governments
- State governments
- Private foundations
- Community foundations
- Clubs and societies
For academic research, Instrumentl is specialized in grants for researchers in fields related to the environment (including all non-human biology), earth sciences and agriculture.
How much does it cost?
Instrumentl prices start at $75/month (when billed annually). All plans start with a 14 day free trial.
Instrumentl also offers enterprise level subscriptions for larger organizations - please contact us for more details.
Check out our pricing page for details.
Do you help nonprofits outside of the US?
Nonprofits outside of the US are welcome to sign up; however, please note that currently most of our funders are US-based.
Is my profile and project information private?
Yes. We use your profile and project information solely to match you with relevant grants.
Who is behind Instrumentl?
We’re a team of former nonprofit development staff, scientists, and software engineers. We built Instrumentl because we had trouble finding grants for our own projects and we knew there had to be a better way. We’re located in San Francisco, California.