Union County Community Foundation Grant Cycle
Foundation for the CarolinasSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $1,000 - US $15,000
Anticipated deadline: Aug 16, 2020 9:00am PDT
Applicant type: Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: Union County, North Carolina
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
The mission of the Union County Community Foundation is to inspire philanthropy and strengthen our community by supporting initiatives that address local needs and providing quality services to donors and constituents.
The Board of Trustees supports their mission through the annual competitive grantmaking program. The Foundation is an investor in the community and is interested in creating the highest possible levels of community gain, focused on improving the lives of Union County citizens.
Community Investment Guidelines
To decide how to invest the limited dollars of the Foundation, the Board will look for effective programs and strategies that strive to support the target areas listed below. Programs that are capable of attaining measurable results receive higher consideration. Grant requests are reviewed with the following questions in mind:
- What results are we investing in?
- What are the chances we will get results?
- Is this the best possible use of money?
Result and Investment Areas
Priority will be given to requests for projects and programs that support:
- Broad charitable purposes
- Professional development for Union County public school teachers
- The mentally disadvantaged or physically handicapped as a result of visual or hearing impairments
Actual award amounts will be determined based on merit of the project and available funds. A listing of previously awarded grants can be found here. In 2018, the Union County Community Foundation awarded $96,812 in grant funding to 25 organizations in the community. Grant awards ranged from $1,000 - $10,000.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Grants must be awarded to eligible organizations including 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations, congregations, governmental and educational institutions for projects that will serve the residents of Union County, NC.
- If the organization conducting the project is not an eligible organization, a grant can be applied for under the fiscal sponsorship of an eligible organization.
- The following areas do not fall within Union County Community Foundation’s current funding priorities:
- Capital campaign requests
- Debt retirement/deficit funding or expenses incurred prior to grant award decisions
- Direct support of individuals (e.g. scholarships, hardship)
- Duplication of existing programs or services
- Endowment funds
- General operating support
- Travel and conferences
- Publication of books
- Projects that are typically the funding responsibility of federal, state or local government
- Projects that promote political or religious views
- Political or lobbying activities
- Sponsorships or fundraisers
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Union County Community Foundation Grant Cycle by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.